Sunday 28 April 2013

SURVIVOR STYLING

FABRICS



I went to a local haberdashery shop to look for possible fabrics that I could use to style my looks; wanting to re-use at least one fabric for both characters to link the pair (used in different ways of course). I came back with two large pieces of fabric and a line of black fabric roses.


I picked up the roses, as I thought I could trial them as a blindfold if the hair doesn't work, and also I liked the imagery and symbolism of using black flowers; reflecting the death of a young girl and innocence. If I use them other than a blindfold, I want to smudge some 'blood' onto some of the petals, again tying in the urban legend.




























 The other materials are a variation on a sheer mesh, one more wiry, stiff and sparse than the other. The fabric on the left is a lot more sparse and could be used to create a good pattern by printing colour through and onto the face of my murderer (tying the characters together) as well as a more structured veil around the survivor.


The fabric on the right has a lot more elasticity to it, and could be nice stretched across the models face, giving a similar effect to the visuals from Illamasqua's new collection, "Paranormal".




Further examples of how I might use the fabrics & general inspiration






3 comments:

  1. Do you have video footage or more still images of the purple spandex scenes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have video footage or more still images of the purple spandex scenes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its an Illamasqua promo series, for their Paranormal collection in 2013.

    ReplyDelete