Sunday 28 April 2013

CHARACTERS

As I have to design two looks I decided to take inspiration from both the themes I identified but also the characters (victim, killer and survivor).




VICTIM

The first character I identified is the victim of the story; the girl that was murdered in the room and found the next day by the roommate. Due to the story being an urban legend, the exact cause of her death is uncertain, leaving more for me to explore. However I feel that this character is fairly flat as her fate is already decided, in that she will definitely die in the story. If I were to represent this character, i feel that it would become more focused on horror and special effects/gore than a fashion focused editorial style image.



SURVIVOR

The survivor or "final girl"is more of a main character in my eyes, as her story line involves fear, a close encounter and luck. She is the one that survives but will always be haunted and traumatised by the experience (the victim is no longer suffering). I think that the factors and themes I have identified with this character give a much more unnerving feel to the character to play upon for a fashion based image; its all about subtle hints at danger and an unseen presence. 


MURDERER

The most haunting and fear evoking character is obviously the murderer. The one that hides in the dark, an unseen predator, contorted and camouflaged in a place you associate with comfort and safety. Giving the audience the idea that nowhere is safe, you must always be on-guard and looking over your shoulder... but not for too long just in case you turn around to meet your wildest fears in front of your eyes. I invisage a slinky murderer, able to contort their body to fit the smallest of spaces and bend into positions to blend into the architecture and furniture of your bedroom without detection; almost like a horrific version of Catwoman.


No comments:

Post a Comment