Friday 3 May 2013

EVALUATION

I feel happy with my final images, as I believe that they represent a good interpretation of the brief and bring a balance between the themes of horror and fashion. However, I feel that this project lacks a lot of background research on the blog, due to not being able to find suitable references for ideas I had imagined. By practicing drawing and painting over the summer I hope to remedy this, so that all my ideas are represented fairly and give my audience a clearer insight into my design process and inspirations. I also think that more experimenting and testing is needed to solidify ideas on styling and photography, including model choice. I also want to prepare budgets for each unit next term, so that I have money to spend to make sure I can effectively communicate my ideas through image via styling, makeup and hair.

Hair is a particular area I need to improve on, more so the design rather than execution of ideas. I find that it is very secondary to my make-up design, and that I have only a limited pool of styles that I can utilise. Perhaps by watching youtube videos and flicking through hair magasines I will learn different techniques that I can apply to future projects. I do feel that in this project I have got a lot more to grips with blogging my ideas, but want to again improve in terms of uploading daily even if only to voice concerns on the project or to post a few images I had found relevant, and learn more about showing my ideas in an effective but visually interesting and stimulating manner.



Overall I am quite pleased with the outcome of this unit, and can feel my confidence growing with every look I create in the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment