Tuesday 7 May 2013

PHOTOGRAPHY

I want to try and utilise some of the photography skills I learnt at A level for this project, to add to the uneasy feeling I want the audience to experience. This will allow a more disturbing image without cheapening the piece with gore etc.

MURDERER: Multiple Flash

A Level Multiple Flash
Studio Plan



This sketch shows the layout of the studio. I will need to change the shutter speed to 'bulb' so that the shutter stays open whilst the shutter release is held down (rather than closing after taking the image like usual). I will require an assistant to fire the flash when prompted whilst I control the camera after each position the model changes to.

I wanted to use this effect for my murderer shoot, to give an inquisitive, fast moving and adaptive feature to my character; similar to a cat playing and toying with its prey.




















SURVIVOR: Slow Sync

















I would like to use this effect to photograph my survivor shoot, by adding in the mouth of the murderer to the side of the portrait, but having it fade away into the darkness.

The set-up is relatively similar, however I will need one softbox to provide continuous light, whilst the other flashes as I take the shot. This will give a ghostly smudge of a feature across the image.











No comments:

Post a Comment